Capital Solutions Closes $150 Million of Financing During December
The Capital Solutions Group (“Capital Solutions”) announces the closing of two transactions totaling $150 million of debt financing to support the acquisition of two separate platforms by a leading middle-market private equity firm (the “Sponsor”) which closed during December 2012. Capital Solutions acted as the Sponsor’s exclusive financial advisor for both financings, with one platform in the healthcare services sector and the other in the logistics sector.
“We continue to successfully execute for private equity sponsors and support those sponsor clients with financing expertise,” commented Brad Stewart, Partner, who led both transactions for Capital Solutions. “In both financings, we received proposals which allowed the Sponsor to select the debt structure and associated terms which best fit their investment thesis and growth strategy for these platforms, and we supported the Sponsor with advice all the way through credit documentation until final closing.”
“2012 was another successful year for Capital Solutions,” said Bob Kosian, Managing Partner.
“We completed a number of debt and equity advisory assignments as well as capital raising engagements, and we also welcomed two new professionals to the firm during the year which will help us continue to grow and serve our clients.”
Tim Shoyer, Managing Partner, added, “in addition to the two December financings, we also closed the following engagements in 2012:
- A strategic advisor to Public Power LLC which was acquired by Crius Energy Trust as part of an initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange;
- A debt capital raise for growth capital for previous client Curriculum Associates LLC which served as a follow-on financing to a 2011 debt raise led by Capital Solutions;
- Two debt advisory engagements for two separate sponsor-backed portfolio companies representing over $100 million of debt capital.”
Mr. Shoyer continued, “we look forward to building on our momentum for 2013 and have several engagements currently underway for which Capital Solutions is acting as exclusive advisor:
- Raising up to $23 million of secured term loan to refinance a sponsored platform in the premium apparel sector;
- Raising up to $40 million to refinance maturing asset based and junior debt facilities for a leading corrugated packaging company in the Southeast;
- Raising up to $45 million to refinance asset based facilities for a leading liquid asphalt distributor in New England;
- Raising $20 million of mezzanine financing to provide growth capital for a sponsored financial services platform;
- And advising a client on restructuring alternatives for a premiere professional services company with ~$150 million in debt obligations.
Please contact any of the Capital Solutions professionals below for further information on any of these engagements.”
About The Capital Solutions Group: We provide financial advisory services to companies, private equity groups and lenders in the middle market. Our mission is to provide independent balance sheet advice and execution for clients in financing, restructuring and M&A transactions. For a detailed overview of our firm and services, see our website at: www.theCapitalSolutions.com
Back to Top